COVID-19 is challenging for everyone and IP Australia is here to support our customers during this time. We have established a free support and assistance service for small to medium Australian businesses who have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and want more information about trade mark registration in this new environment.
The service does not guarantee registration of your trade mark and is not a business or legal advice service. For business and legal advice, please contact an intellectual property attorney or a business advisor.
However, it is suitable for businesses who have changed or expanded their business offerings due to pandemic effects on the marketplace, and specifically for those who are interested in understanding the options available to them around trade mark registration.
Through the dedicated helpline, you will be put in touch with an experienced Trade Mark Examiner, who will help with information on the trade mark system, including registering any new trade marks, and how to cover any new goods or services for your existing registered trade mark via a new application. All our information is factual and unbiased. For advice on the trade mark system and how it might be best used in your business, we will recommend you to advisers such as trade mark attorneys or other advising professionals.
Accessing the Helpline
To access this service the first step is to send us an email at –
In your email, please include:
- Your name
- A contact phone number (mobile preferred)
- The trade mark number(s) of any existing trade mark registrations you have that are relevant to this case
- Your new trade mark (if you have one) or reference the existing registration you want to expand (the trade mark number will be fine)
- Your new or expanded goods and services
- A short overview of how the pandemic has affected your business and what kind of changes you are making to your business as a result
- Any specific questions you have about the trade mark registration process
If you are unsure of any of these things, please provide us with information that will help us address your query. Once you have submitted your email, an Examiner will contact you via phone to discuss your case.
IP Australia remains open for business and continues to be committed to its customers and stakeholders. We acknowledge these are challenging and uncertain times for everyone.
We are closely monitoring the latest information about the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Please refer to the Business continuity and the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak page for the most up to date information.