When doing business with us, contractors and suppliers are expected to help create a safe and healthy workplace by complying with our work health safety (WHS) management system ensuring:
- everyone has a right to a safe and healthy workplace
- the overall physical and psychological wellbeing of workers is essential in creating a rewarding and productive workplace
- that we recognise our responsibilities to work towards eliminating work-related injury and illness
- we support and rehabilitate our injured employees
- a strong and open relationship with workers and health and safety representatives
- workers have a responsibility to act in a safe manner and to report risks and accidents as they occur.
When working with us under a contract, agreement or other documented work arrangement, we will:
- consult with contractors in relation to work health and safety duties and obligations to determine how shared responsibilities will be managed
- provide workers with a safe and healthy workplace in which physical and psychological risks are eliminated or mitigated
- provide safe furniture and equipment as well as safe systems of work
- train workers so they can use the furniture and equipment correctly and work safely
- supervise workers to monitor their health and safety
- provide adequate facilities for the welfare of workers and people visiting us
- consult with workers on matters that may affect their health and safety
- investigate health and safety incidents and implement further risk mitigation if needed
- undertake ongoing monitoring of the contract to ensure that contract specific WHS requirements are met.
- provide sufficient information to a supplier for them to understand how we will use a product
- comply with the supplier's recommendations about the safe use, storage and disposal of products that are supplied to us.
When you are working with us under a contract, agreement or other documented work arrangement, we ask that you:
- comply with your obligations under Australian work health and safety legislation and the contract specific WHS requirements
- consult with us in relation to work health and safety duties and obligations to determine how shared responsibilities will be managed
- demonstrate that you have an effective WHS management system
- provide information on how health and safety risks have been eliminated or mitigated in work being undertaken for us
- comply with the contract specific WHS requirements for qualifications, licences and registration
- comply with the procedures that we have implemented to protect workers' health and safety
- report all incidents that have affected the health and safety of people
- provide sufficient information to allow us to monitor contract specific WHS performance.
Additionally, if supplying goods to us, we ask that you:
- supply products that are designed and manufactured to minimise the risk of injury to people working or visiting us
- install or construct plant or structures so that they will be safe
- provide sufficient information on the safe use, storage and disposal of the product so that risks can be eliminated or mitigated.
Enquiries about the contract requirements should be made to your contract manager.