Photo: RIO Search and TradeMarkVision teams
We're pleased to announce that we’ve been awarded a 2017 Prime Minister’s Silver Award for Excellence in Public Sector Management for our sustainable, innovative approaches demonstrated through the Australian Trade Mark Search system.
This recognition demonstrates our commitment to continually offer a seamless online experience to our customers. With over 99 per cent of our customer transactions received through our online channels, we know that innovative digital approaches with our products and services are required to meet your needs. As the Minister of Industry, Innovation and Science, The Hon Craig Laundy MP says business is the winner from government innovation.
We launched Australian Trade Mark Search nearly a year ago and with 3.7 million page views to date, the tool has helped small business make informed decisions when protecting their brand while also supporting attorney professionals with advanced features, such as a real time search counter, that save them time and improve their services.
What makes this so innovative? With an iterative development approach, we exposed our prototypes and test versions to you as early and often as possible to seek your feedback and continue to meet your needs. We worked closely with small Australian tech start-up, TrademarkVision, to incorporate their world leading combined image recognition and machine-learning technology to make searching trade mark images and logos in Australia more accessible.
The Prime Minister’s Award for Excellence in Public Sector Management is an annual national Award program run by the Institute of Public Administration Australia and aims to encourage and recognise better practice and innovation in Government.
- Learn more about searching trade marks.
- Watch our get ready to search videos to prepare you for searching Australian Trade Mark Search.
- Did you know we also won a 2015 Prime Minister’s Award for Excellence in Public Sector Management for our Regional Patent Examination Training?
- Stay informed – sign up to our email updates to receive our latest news directly to your inbox.
- Like and follow IP Australia on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter, to get the latest IP updates delivered straight to your news feed.