We get it, IP can be confusing. Especially when it’s a relatively new concept and you’re stuck with a never ending to do list while you’re setting up your business.
There are so many things to consider when starting a business and IP is just one of them. But we want to make it easier for you to understand what IP protection is right for you and how you can register for your own IP rights.
Upskill is a free, five step IP education program that’s available anytime, and anywhere you have a computer, phone and an internet connection.
We know that different people like to learn differently, so whether you like to power through everything in a day or take your time and complete it over five days, Upskill has options to suit you.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- What IP is and how to know what type of IP you have
- Why you would protect your IP and how much it’s worth
- Who can apply for a trade mark
- How to protect your IP online
- How to conduct a search to ensure there are no existing trade marks like yours
- What to consider if you’re planning on expanding overseas
- What to consider when employing staff and contractors for your business
- Tips for protecting your IP in the workplace
- How to create an eServices account and apply for a trade mark
When you’re done, we’ll also give you some tips on managing your trade mark once it’s registered.
So, what are you waiting for? Start upskilling now.
Upskill is currently a Beta product and we’d love to hear what you think of it. Make sure to give us your feedback as you go and once you’re finished.