Full Reviews to Parts 4, 9, 14, 48, 54 and 55
Updates only to Parts 1 and 22
Update of Part 1: Introduction, Examination Quality Standards
Examination Quality Standards updated to include references to IP Australia’s Quality Policy and Quarterly Objectives
Review of Part 4: Fees
Full review of Part with minor content changes; amended references to “Trade Marks and Designs Administration” to “Administration” only following corporate restructure.
Review of Part 9: Amendments and Changes to Name and Address
Full review completed, minor updates: notes added to 9.2.1 and 9.7
Review of Part 14: Classification of Goods and Services
Minor update to 6.2 to correct class description and number; Updated to:
- reorder the Annex list;
- incorporate a revised cross class search list (Annex A12);
- add registered term SEGWAY to Annex A3.
Update of Part 22: Section 41 – Capable of Distinguishing
Added information regarding hashtags (see 14.5)
Review of Part 48: Removal of a Trade Mark from the Register for Non-use
Full review of part; general reformatting of wording
Review of Part 54: Subpoenas, Summonses and Production of Documents
Full review of part; reformatting of wording
Review of Part 55: Costs
Full review of part; amendments made to remove outdated procedural information and to clarify:
- the right of a self-represented solicitor to claim costs in a trade mark opposition;
- the award of costs in a disputed extension of time;
- the Registrar’s practice in relation to the award of costs when the merits of the opposition have not been determined;
- the legislative authority for the payment of security of costs in a proceeding involving an international trade mark.
For more information contact us to speak to Chrissie Norman in our Trade Marks and Designs section.