The Director General
The Director General of IP Australia is the accountable authority under the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act, and is directly responsible to the Minister for Industry, Science, Energy and Resources for the proper use and management of the entity's resources. The Director General has agency head powers under the Public Service Act 1999, delegated from the Secretary of the Department.
Our business groups
- IP Australia's legal services
- internal change and communication
- risk and business continuity
- portfolio management and governance.
Finance and People Services Group
- financial management
- ensuring our environmental management system complies with the ISO 14001 standard
- property and security management
- delivery of human resource management strategies and services.
Policy and Stakeholders Group
- developing strategies for directions and policy on IP and for the growth of our business
- setting and managing the strategic direction of our relationships with stakeholders, international agencies and other IP offices
- managing our legislative and parliamentary responsibilities.
Innovation and Technology Group
- delivering and managing information and technology that enables our business to function efficiently
- improving our business processes, systems customer engagement
- providing richer and more timely business intelligence
- driving innovation throughout the agency.
Trade Marks and Designs Group
- examining trade mark and design applications
- granting trade mark and designs rights
- registering trade marks and designs
- conducting hearings and issuing decisions on disputes relating to the registration or refusal of trade marks and designs rights.
Patent and Plant Breeder's Rights Groups
(Patents Mechanical and Oppositions Group; Patents Chemical, PBR and Electrical Group)
- examining patent applications and granting patents
- examining plant breeder's rights applications and registering plant breeder's rights
- conducting hearings and issuing decisions on disputes relating to registration, refusal and licensing of these rights.
Customer Experience Group
- administering patents, trade marks, designs and plant breeder's rights effectively and efficiently
- maintaining the registers for each of the IP rights
- ensuring our quality management system complies with the ISO 9001 standard
- managing the contact centre
- managing our awareness and education initiatives
- managing IP Australia's external website, e-business channels, corporate social media channels.