The OCE's role
Through its research, the OCE provides evidence on:
- The economic impact of IP policies and ownership, such as innovation, competition, trade, productivity and economic performance
- Our agency's operational effectiveness
- The IP system's role in meeting economic challenges and trends.
The Australian IP Report
The OCE produces the Australian IP Report — our agency's flagship annual publication that provides the latest data on IP activity in Australia.
- Provides the latest data on the IP rights we administer
- Analyses the volume of applications for IP rights filed in Australia, including the:
- Number of IP rights registered or granted
- Geographical origins of IP applications
- Types of innovations in IP applications, including the companies that are most prolific in filing IP rights.
Economic research papers
The OCE also produces economic research papers that aim to:
- Build upon the knowledge base that underpins IP policy
- Evaluate the economic impacts of different aspects of the IP system
- Assist the agency in its decision-making by contributing evidence and insight.
Get in touch
If you're a researcher who's interested in potentially collaborating with us, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.