All Australian Government agencies that are subject to the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOI Act) are required by section 11C to publish a freedom of information (FOI) disclosure log on their website. The FOI disclosure log lists information which has been released in response to an FOI access request. This requirement has applied since 1 May 2011.
The disclosure log requirement does not apply to:
- personal information about any person if publication of that information would be 'unreasonable'
- information about the business, commercial, financial or professional affairs of any person if publication of that information would be 'unreasonable'
- other information, covered by a determination made by the Australian Information Commissioner, if publication of that information would be 'unreasonable'
- any information if it is not reasonably practicable to publish the information because of the extent of modifications that would need to be made to delete the information listed in the above points.
A link is provided if the information can be downloaded from this website. The information listed in the disclosure log table below has been released by IP Australia under the FOI Act and is available for public access.
Information attached, or referred, to in IP Australia's disclosure log will generally be removed after 12 months, unless the information has enduring public value.
- Most FOI requests to IP Australia are made by parties requesting documents relating to a trade mark application held by IP Australia. The decision maker will determine whether the documents requested are appropriate for public release in this disclosure log on a case-by-case basis.
- A document published on the disclosure log may be an edited/redacted version of the document originally provided to an applicant because of an exception in s 11C(1) of the FOI Act.
- The FOI Act also requires IP Australia to proactively publish a range of information under the Information Publication Scheme (IPS). If the document you are looking for is not in the disclosure log, it may be available on the IPS page.
- IP Australia also releases information through administrative access and section 217A of the Trade Marks Act 1995.
Information access requests received - Quarter 3 2020/21
FOI requests processed
Section 217A Trade Marks Act
You can contact our FOI Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6283 2110.