We take the quality of the rights we administer seriously.
Our world class approach to quality includes the combination of our ISO 9001 certified quality management system, our quality review system and our customer feedback.
We are dedicated to improving quality through international activities and collaborative work sharing projects. We strive to apply international best practice to our products and services.
Quality management system
Our quality management system is critical in underpinning our operations. It ensures that our work is consistent, transparent and helps us identify and apply continuous improvements in a systematic way.
Our commitment for delivering high quality products and services is set out in our Quality Policy and customer service charter.
Our Quality Policy aligns our high-level quality objectives with the strategic objectives and associated performance criteria set out on our Corporate Plan. These are:
- Operational excellence: High-performing core business and internal operations.
- Service excellence: High-performing customer services that support our core business.
- Value add: Our expertise is leveraged to deliver value to the Australian IP System and broader economy.
Our quality management system aims to:
- deliver high quality services and products
- provide timely and efficient customer service.
Quality review system
Our quality review system is a critical component of our quality management system.
Our quality review system provides:
- assessment of work independent of examination
- clearly defined quality standards
- statistically valid sample size consistent with ISO 2859
- the identification of learning, training and system improvements
- a mechanism for rewarding and recognising good quality work.
Reviews are assessed against a set of quality standards. The results and outcomes of our quality review system are published in the Customer Service Charter Reports.
Product quality standards
Our product quality standards relate to the level of importance we place on aspects of our work.