We are progressing a program of reforms to ensure the Australian design rights system is fit for purpose and supports the Australian economy now and in the future.
This reform program is based on the findings from a 12-month review that included exploratory research and consultation about:
- Australia’s design ecosystem
- what drives design innovation
- the role of design rights.
Learn more about:
- the program of reforms being delivered
- key events of our review and reform program
- findings from the review
- outcomes of the review
- implementation of the Designs Amendment (Advisory Council on Intellectual Property Response) Bill 2020
- items on IP Australia’s Policy Register.
We have also been modernising our ICT platforms and environment to better support our customers, including those searching for and registering design rights.