We have completed a year of research and consultation exploring Australia’s design economy. The research has given us a clearer picture of what drives design innovation and the role that design protection, including design rights, plays within the broader design ecosystem.
This page contains summaries of our research findings, our series of more detailed research reports and links for further reading.
- Our information pack is a high level summary of key findings and introduces next steps for reform.
- Redesigning Designs: The Future of Design Protection in Australia provides more detail about the drivers behind the research, key findings and next steps.
Further relevant reading
- Australian Intellectual Property Report 2020
- IP Australia Office of the Chief Economist research papers
- The Productivity Commission's public inquiry into Australia's intellectual property system (2015-2016)
- Advisory Council on Intellectual Property (ACIP) review of the designs system (2012-2015)