Benefits of patent analytics
Maximising insights from research and new technology investments is essential in today’s competitive global environment. By leveraging data to make informed decisions, you can form a holistic view of how your research and product fits into and stands out in the market.
Patent analytics data can help you:
- Make informed decisions on policy, research, commercialisation, marketing and licensing
- Identify new opportunities and potential partnerships
- Capture knowledge and activity in your field
- Understand and communicate the value of your invention or product.
Our Patent Analytics Hub
Our Patent Analytics Hub is uniquely positioned to provide impactful analytics reports. Our expert team has access to more than 150 million patent records across 250,000 technology classifications — ensuring you'll receive a comprehensive report to help inform your next step.
Patent analytics reports
We leverage the expertise of our 400 patent and technology experts to analyse patent data on:
- Emerging and critical technologies
- Environmental and trade matters.
We use these insights to publish reports on topics relevant to Australian and international industries. You can access these documents for free.
What we offer
We analyse details from patent documents and other patent lifecycle information to report on technology and patent trends.
Total cost: varies, based on requirements.
- Government agencies
- Medical research institutes
- Entrepreneurs' Programme participants
- Cooperative research centres.
Key things to know:
- We'll work with you to prepare a scoping document and determine the patent search strategy
- You'll receive a tailored report that details filing trends over time, origin of inventions, top markets, applicants and a full technology analysis
- Reports include interactive visualisation that makes it easier to interpret the results
- You can provide comments on a draft report before we finalise it
- Generally delivered within 4 to 12 weeks depending on your project requirements.
- Analytics don't:
- replace legal advice
- count as patent valuation, validity search, patentability or freedom to operation services.
Total cost: free with an international-type search
Great for: anyone considering patent protection overseas.
Key things to know:
- Delivered along with the results of your international-type search, which generally takes around six weeks
- Provides a broad global snapshot of trends and activity for your technology so you can decide if your idea is worth patenting overseas. This includes:
- Geographical information, such as where other applicants are located and where their patents are being filed
- A global overview of patent filings over time and a list of the top applicants in your specific area of technology
- When combined with your international-type search results, this information can help you:
- Develop your IP strategy
- Decide on your approach towards international patent protection
- If we're unable to prepare a report, we'll let you know in writing
- These analytics don't: provide an in-depth analysis of your particular area of technology and are not designed to replace legal advice.
If you're a small to medium business owner and want in-depth analysis for your invention or product, you can engage a patent attorney to help you.
They can direct you to commercial patent analytics services that can provide you with detailed analysis for your business.